Thursday, January 13, 2011

I THINK.......

My daughter has tried to convince me to start a blog and I thought about it and I just couldn't think of anything to write about.  Then, I had occasion to move my residence, again, for the fifth time in five years.  My moving squad was my grandson, my daugher, two-daughter-in-laws and a treasured neighbor.  One of my daughter-in-laws brought along her brother and his friend.

After we moved my "stuff" across a courtyard, we sat down and visited for a bit.  My company ages were 18, 21 and 24.  I don't know why, but I THINK....young people like to talk with old people about the "old days", you know, way back when.  So, we talked about what it was like to live without a phone.  How, as kids we hung out at the corner store and waited for the phone to ring and then we took turns running to the neighborhood house to let them know they had a call and for that we got five cents. For five cents you could get a candy bar, an apple or a pickle and like every other nutritious conscious kid, I always opted for a candy bar.

This led to a discussion about cell phones.  What a hot topic that was and I THINK...I'll save it for next time. So, what do you THINK?   Till then, Hatsy

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is soooo cool! I was just going to write you and say, "Go for it!" What I think is: I love cell phones, but there is a time and place for them. Enjoy your new blog! Kit

    ReplyDelete